In Week Three my paper was written on an Annotated Bibliography Efficiency and Effectiveness of Hurricane Katrina. This paper should be in response to Case Study 5 in American Intergovernmental Relations: A Fragmented Federal Polity, System Failure: The Response to Hurricane Katrina (pp. 248-254 see attached pdf document and Word document).
For example, you could focus on the evacuation of stranded New Orleans residents; the provision of emergency food and medical equipment in the immediate aftermath of the hurricane; coordinating and implementing temporary housing (e.g., FEMA trailers) to those displaced by Hurricane Katrina; economic assistance provided to cities, towns, and villages along the Gulf Coast; the reestablishment of law and order in the city of New Orleans.
For your chosen topic, be sure to address the following:
· Explain the state aid provided.
· Explain the federal aid provided.
· Explain if there was any federal-state cooperation.
· Analyze intergovernmental cooperation in relationship to your topic.
· Analyze the challenges faced by state and federal agencies and address how those challenges impacted support provided.
· Analyze the lessons that were learned as a result of the disaster. In hindsight, include one example of what might have been done differently.
· Suggest at least one recommendation for how a similar natural disaster might be handled by federal, state, and intergovernmental agencies in the future.
Writing the Final Paper
· Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
· Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
· Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
· The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types.
· Must document all sources in APA style.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style